Leveraging Technology to Improve Business Performance Since 1998:
Jacobs Enterprise Management Consulting (jemcon) was originally established, in 1998, to help companies leverage technology to improve business performance.
Currently, jemcon's founder, Gary Jacobs is a leader in FTI’s Technology Transformation Practice, focusing on Business and Technology Transformations and Transactions. Gary has over 30 years of experience in the consumer and industrial goods, manufacturing and distribution, media and entertainment, telecommunications, technology, healthcare, and business services industries.
Gary often serves as Board Advisor and Interim CEO, CFO and CIO for venture backed startups and mid-sized private equity portfolio companies. In this capacity, Gary partners with a wide range of private equity deal teams, operating partners, corporate boards and company executives, on engagements focused on strategic planning, corporate development, financial reporting, business intelligence, enterprise resource planning, digital transformation, operations automation, right-sizing, cost containment, turnarounds, pre- and post-transaction M&A, carve-outs, stand-ups, add-ons, value creation, recapitalizations and exit optimization.
Gary holds an MBA from Adelphi University, and a BS in Accounting and Economics from the State University of New York. He also studied Electrical Engineering at the University of Massachusetts, Digital Media Strategy at New York University, and Artificial Intelligence at MIT Sloan School of Management.
Gary is the author of The Strategy Deployment Model(R). He is also a frequent lecturer at Pace University’s Lubin School of Business on: Business Strategy, Creating Value through Mergers and Acquisitions.
Representative Roles and Engagements:
- Board Advisor and Interim CEO for a venture backed technology startup
- Interim CFO for PE backed fashion accessory manufacturer and distributor
- Interim CIO for a PE backed technology component manufacturer
- CFO and CIO at a PE backed information services company
- Merger Integration Leader for the largest Satellite Radio Merger
- Merger Integration Leader for a large perfumes and cosmetics distributor
- Sell-side Carve-out Leader for a large video game publisher and distributor
- Buy-side Carve-out Leader for a large pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Due Diligence Leader for over 100 M&A transactions across a wide range of industries, complexities and sizes
- Program Leader for dozens of ERP, EPM, CRM, SCM, WMS, MRP, MDM and EDI Selections and Implementations
- Program Leader for dozens of IT modernization and digitization transformations: On-prem to Cloud / IaaS / PaaS / SaaS / MSP